Sunday, May 21, 2006

Lazy Sunday + Saturday Recap

When I woke up this morning, I knew it would be a lazy sunday. I have been procrastinating as much as possible much to my dismay. What is really on my mind though is the play. Doing sound for plays is so much fun. I think theater in general is special too. Last night's play went well, and was well received. Afterwards, was the cast party which was fun. During the day, Ben Weiner and I had made tin cutouts of Kate and Terg's names which we metal taped onto the front of a light. When you turn the light on, their names were illuminated from behind. It looked cool, and they both were impressed and so was the cast. :) Yay showing off handy work! What makes me sad to think about though, is the fact that Crazy for You was the last play that I got to work with Kate and Tergis for. They are both amazing people, fun to be around, friendly, and knowledgeable. It will be weird being the only sound guy with no one around to set a level that I see to push me to do better. I have always looked up to him, and in his absence I will need to push myself. It will also be nice to not be in his shadow as much. I appreciate the arrangement we had for this show, I think it worked out nicely.

Kate Berner, where to start... She is funny, compassionate, a great stage manager, and just a great person overall. I feel like we could have been better friends if the stars had been aligned differently. I gave her her own maglight set last night at the cast party, because she had borrowed mine. I somehow have gotten into buying the stage crew maglights because they all borrow mine. Ben Anderson used to borrow mine, and I bought him a set for his birthday. Then Kate started to borrow mine, and I bought her a set. That looks wierd after I typed it, but w/e.

I am confidant that the tech next year will be fine. I am just sad that two great members of the theater tech family will be moving on. I wish both of them luck in any future endeavors, and hope that our paths cross in the future and beyond.

Ben Weiner, Ben Anderson, and I have been the tech trio that has worked together on the middle school shows. I at least, still think of us as the middle school tech crew to some extent, and for us to be the head guys running tech for the district next year will take some getting used to. It will be a fun year though...

So, mixed feelings about this show: great people leaving, but it was an amazing experience. In general, the current seniors are a really spectacular grade, and they will be sorely missed next year. And at the same time, I'm gonna be a senior! w00t!

I probably should start my homework now, lol.

Until Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home