Sunday, May 28, 2006

Happiness then mixed feelings

Today I went into town for lunch. Headed to through the spring (thing/fling?) and went to thomas'. Bought lunch there, and walked back to the car. I realized as I was walking, looking down at my hand wrapped around a brown paper bag, that I could have been carrying a bottle of liquer or beer or something. The thought made me chuckle and then I headed home. My mail comes around 2-ish, so I had some time to kill before I found out if I made it into PL. I watched some Black. White. for my english research project. People were kind enough to distract me online (big shout out to Becca for that one) while I waited for the mail to come. The mail came, and I found out that I was accepted as a Peer Leader for next year. Yay!! It brought mixed feelings though after it set in, because there are so many deserving people who did not get accepted for whatever reason. I feel bad for my friends, and happy for me at the same time. It sounds a little selfish, but I guess that's part of any competative process. I think being a Peer Leader is going to be such a fun, enriching, and rewarding experience, with lots of hard work. I look forward to next year.

Until Later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home